Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunny Sunday

Oh what a beautiful morning. The sun is steaming through our bedroom window and I have a peaceful cd on.. I survive the week and I'm grateful to still be standing. The yellow and purple crocuses are up and so cute and I picked some pussy willows from our tree and brought them in. They always remind me on mom. Ellie and I drove to Layton to go bra shopping at Victoria's Secret-she stayed in the car of course. Nothing like a new bra to lift you up-literally. I had a neat experience on Saturday-my good friend Susy Harper was at the mall and through a wierd series of things, I got to see her for a few minutes. She has been very sick for the past year. She looks good and it thrilled my heart to hug her again. We've done a heap of living and raising kids as families.
Saturday nightr our neighbors had a green party-we all green food-yummy potatoes, hand and sausage casserole, coleslaw, desserts, m&m's and limes. We talked and played mafia for awhile. It's always fun, but I wish Al could have been there. Blake, Clar, Nate and Lindsey and her baby girl came over on Weds. I came home from the temple and Blake had made a very tasty meal of chicken fajitas with peppers, onions, crushed pineapple and cilantro, plus chips and queso and taquitos. It was really good. Clar brought out fresh strawberry pie...it was all yummy and fun. Thanks kids!
Today I get to attend the Draper temple dedication and I'm very excited. Our Lord's work is moving forth with greater speed and whenever we get a new temple, it's a wonderful blessing for all of mankind. We are so blessed, even with trials and worries. I'm so glad we have family to rely on and I know that I could count on all of my family, sisters, Kim, their honeys and our neices and nephews. It's so nice to have that knowledge and also the privilege of putting names in the temple for family members who are ill or struggling.
Have a fantastic spring day...Love ya, Vic

No comments: